NYK Line CCAM Regulation Update
To Our Valued Customers:
NYK Line is glad to share with you the latest updates on the new customs declaration process
(CCAM, China Customs Advanced Manifest). China Customs is still continuing its parallel submissions
of the old and new manifest for customs declarations, but it is expected that the new CCAM customs
declaration rule will be strictly enforced shortly.
In order to safeguard, upon strict enforcement of CCAM, our handling of your cargo without any
issues, we strongly suggest you make all necessary preparations to make yourselves ready for the
new customs declaration rule during this transitional period. According to the new customs rule,
we must submit complete set of prescribed customs declaration data elements to China Customs (no
later than 24 hours prior to vessel ETA at loading port).
Complete customs declaration information includes below mandatory information while not limited to:
- Bill of Lading Number
- Load / Discharge Port Name
- Vessel Name / Voyage Number
- Service Type (SD, CY or BB)
- Payment Method of Basic Ocean Freight
- Name & Address of Shipper / Consignee / Notify party (Only Mandatory in case Consignee is "To Order")
- Container Number / Size and Type / Seal Number
- Container Owner
- Gross Weight / Package Quantity / Package Type per Cargo Commodity
- Cargo Description, Marks and Numbers
- Dangerous Cargo Details, Name and Contact Number for Emergency Contact (Mandatory only for Hazardous Cargo)
Hence as a special reminder once again, once China Customs commences the strict enforcement of the new CCAM
customs rule, NYK Line will strictly comply with the requirements of China Customs. At that time, we will
only be able to load those shipments provided with timely supporting documents / data for declaration and
those granted with permissions to load by China Customs.
NYK will continue to keep you apprised of developments relative to this new regulation.
In the meantime, if you have questions or require more information on this rule, please contact your local NYK
Sales or Customer Service representative.
Information regarding the regulation can be found on China Custom's website: